Out The Back and COVID19 (to be updated);
Our industry has been turning itself inside out for the past year trying to come up with policies that will enable our guests to have a fabulous experience, whist providing you with as much protection as possible.
What has become clear is that there is a tightrope to walk between providing a COVID-19 free environment and a comfortable holiday property. If we don’t do anything, we’re at risk of encouraging the spread of the disease once more but if we go too far, Out The Back will switch from being enjoyable, chill-out space to a clinical hospital ward.
We have to make plans within these parameters and it’s not easy. We’ve decided to come up with a plan that hopefully walks a tightrope and whilst being transparent about what we are and are not doing. Thus giving you, the opportunity to make your own risk assessment and decide whether this standard is good enough for you and your family.
We’re also mindful that the current situation is constantly shifting sands, so what you think will work for you now, might not be right in 3 months time. Or there may be another lock-down imposed, which is totally out of yours, or our control. We’d normally say, that you need to take out insurance to cover for such eventualities, but from what we’re hearing, most insurance policies are no longer covering for the fallout of a pandemic. Please check though.
With that in mind, here are the changes we’ll be making. These plans may change over time as new information comes to light, or new legislation is imposed. However, if you’ve already booked with us, I’ll be keeping in regular contact with you.
If you have symptoms of Corona virus infection (COVID-19), however mild, the guidance says you must stay at home and follow the current Guidelines. We are extremely concerned, and have to consider what we would do if you or any of your group should develop symptoms whilst staying with us, or the guests the week before your arrival developed symptoms and have to isolate. Should this happen it would mean a full de-contamination of the property prior to arrival of the next guests, or even the possibility of cancelling a compensating the following weeks guests. We would therefore suggest that you try to get adequate insurance to cover you as additional costs would be incurred if this was the case, and also remember your holiday could be cancelled at short notice!
What we are doing;
Check in/out; Firstly, we need as much time as possible to clean our Out The Back. So we’ve now changed our check in and check out times to 9am and 5pm. This change will enable us to go the extra mile to make Out The Back as COVID19 safe as we can.
Crockery and Cutlery: We will put as much of crockery and cutlery through a hot wash before you arrive and leave it in the machine, so that you’ll know that these items at least are completely safe to use. All other pans and dishes will be clean but not sanitised.
TV: The TV and Remote controls will be cleaned down with anti viral cleaner between every set of guests.
Standard of cleaning: Our cleaning will be to our normal high standard, with the addition of a stringent check list to ensure all touch points and high risk areas are sanitised.
General Household Items: We recognise that it will be impossible to clean every page of every book or every item of every game every week. We did consider removing all non specific items but felt that this would reduce your holiday experience. So we’ve decided to leave all these items in place, giving you the option to touch/use them or not. It’s worth bearing in mind how long Covid-19 can survive on surfaces and at its maximum (which is on plastic), is 72 hours. If you’d like these items removed, we can do so but please let us know in advance, so that we can arrange this for you.
Soft Furnishings: Sofas, Cushions etc – All scientific evidence thus far is that Covid-19 cannot live on fabric for more than a few hours. But, we’ve decided that we’ll be leaving all soft furnishings in situ and changing cushions weekly. Again if you’d like these items removed, we can do so but please let us know in advance, so that we can arrange this for you.
Bedding: We have 2 sets of duvets, pillows and mattress protectors, and these will be alternated each week. Our duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases, bath mats and towels tea towels are professionally cleaned each week and we have at least 2 sets of everything. This means that the set on your beds will have been washed prior and the only person who would have touched it within the previous day would be us. However, as bedding is a really personal thing, here are your options:
• We can make up the bed for you prior to your arrival, as normal.
• You can choose to have the bag of laundry left for you to make up the beds yourselves.
• You can bring your own bedding. We will be able to offer a £10.00 discount if you choose this option. If this is what you’d like to do, please let us know at least a week prior to the start of your holiday.
Further notes on bedding:
• We will need all our guests to strip off the bed and bag up the bedding prior to their departure to protect us from any potential contact with the virus (shaking down bedding shortly after someone has used it could be potentially a risk). We will provide clean laundry sacks.
• There will be fresh mattress protectors on all the beds and these must remain on the beds, regardless of any bedding you bring yourselves. You’re welcome to put your own protectors over the top of ours if you prefer.
Hand Washing; We will provide soap and a hand towel in the bathroom.
Food Deliveries; Unfortunately this year, to reduce any risk of contamination, we will not be accepting food deliveries during change over times. You are of course welcome to arrange these for after check in times.
Belt and braces: All soft furnishings will be sprayed down with an anti virus spray (similar to fabreeze but with anti-virus properties).
COVID19 Specific T&C’s;
We at Out The Back, also have clear Terms and Conditions to protect us all; and we clearly have to adapt these to cover this Pandemic to ensure the safety of all.
We will therefore insist that all guests read and accept our additional new conditions in writing, prior to continuing any booking with us. Should these not be acceptable to you or any of your party, you may cancel your holiday at no additional costs, and all money already paid will be refunded. Once you accept these conditions our standard cancellation Policy Conditions will then apply. (These new conditions may also be subject to change as the Pandemic / Government Guidance develops).
Booking Forms must be completed in full prior to arrival, and must include details of all guests that are attending. These details cannot be amended without authorisation from us.
• Do Not attend if any person in your party is ill or shows any symptoms
• To ensure that we are able to make Out The Back Covid Safe – access to the property will be from 17:00, and we request you leave by 09:00 on the day of departure.
• Your Party size / make up, must conform to the current Laws and Guidence.
• You and all your party must leave Out The Back and return home immediately if anyone in your party becomes ill or develops symptoms, you will then incur a decontamination fee of £250. Should you need to isolate at Out The Back beyond your booked holiday, you will incur additional costs for loss of profit @£1350/week or part of.
• All kitchen utensils, crockery etc. Must be washed in the dishwasher after use during your stay.
• Beach towels will not be supplied as normal – Out The Back towels must not be taken off site. Please bring your own beach towels
• Remove all foodstuffs and belongings that your party brought to Out The Back when you leave. Beds must be stripped and placed in a laundry bag (provided), all towels placed in a laundry bag (provided), and all rubbish / recycling to placed in the outside bins.
• Ensure that Out The Back is well ventilated throughout your stay and when you leave.
• Follow all Government guidelines relevant to your stay and your group.
• The hot tub may not be available during the Pandemic (subject to current Guidance)
• Ensure you have adequate holiday insurance if possible.
• Whilst we will endeavour to do all we can to make your safe, we at Out The Back cannot ensure 100% that the property will be COVID Safe, and we accept no liability should any of your party become ill during your stay with us.
• Out The Back retain the right to immediately cancel your stay at Out The Back, should the need arise for whatever reason, or if you break any of our Policy Rules, or any of the Governments Guidance.